The Deloris C. Parsons Endowment Fund, Inc.
Deloris C. Parsons joined the staff of the Kirtland Public Library in 1960 as a Reference Librarian. She was appointed Director in 1968. During her tenure, she expanded the collection and the services; moved the Library three times; and was instrumental in raising funds for the present building which opened in 1992.
Mrs. Parsons was a visionary who brought excellent library service to the people of Kirtland, Kirtland Hills and Waite Hill. She instituted weekend hours; fax service; purchased audiobooks, videotapes, computers and an automated circulation system.
The Endowment Fund was established in 2000 to honor Mrs. Parsons' 39 years of service to the Kirtland Public Library. Its purpose is to offer support to the Library as it continues to provide outstanding service. Library service continues to grow and change. Mrs. Parsons understood that and worked very hard to make Kirtland Public Library outstanding.
Each year we strive to evaluate the needs of the Library and donate to help with a desired library project that could not be accomplished from the Library's budget. The Deloris C. Parsons Endowment Fund, Inc. has provided support to the Kirtland public Library by:
- Provided 25K for the assessment fee for the Kirtland sewer project
- Purchased apple iPads for patron use
- Provided funds to support the "1,000 Books Before Kindergarten" program
- Purchased carpeting for the Community Room and tile for the inner lobby of the Library
- Purchased a 'smart' TV for the Community Room
- Purchased a gazebo for the west courtyard
- Purchased computers for the Library staff
- Donated funds for the purchase of two AWE Learning tablets.
Keep Her Vision alive: Support the Deloris C. Parsons Endowment Fund
Board of Trustees
Tom Meyer, Acting President
William L. Pastor, Treasurer
Deloris C. Parsons
William B. Chamberlin
Jane R. Carle, Library Director, ex officio