Kirtland Public Library eCard Frequently Asked Questions
What is it?
It is a virtual library card that allows you access to our digital collection of eMedia including ebooks, downloadable audio, magazines, music and streaming video. Additionally, it allows access to our learning databases, online career services and more.
* *You do not need an eCard if you have a standard Kirtland Public Library card.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible for an eCard if you are over the age of 18 and live, work, go to school or own land in Kirtland, Kirtland Hills or Waite Hill.
How long does it take to get an eCard?
Our staff will email your eCard number within 1 business day of receiving your email.
What can I do with my eCard?
Your eCard allows you to:
- Have an account in our online catalog and Download eBooks, digital audiobooks, video and music.
- Download digital magazines from Zinio
- Download a variety of emedia including, movies, from hoopla.
- Ask questions via KnowItNow, Ohio’s 24x7 online reference service.
What can’t I do with my eCard?
You cannot check out physical items from our collection. If you want to do this, you will have to come to the library and upgrade your eCard to a standard library card. Please visit the Kirtland Public Library and bring a photo ID that has your name and current address on it. Photo ID without the current address must be accompanied by a printed personal mail postmarked within four weeks.
A standard card will serve the same function as an eCard. You cannot have both an eCard and a standard card.